Friday, April 20, 2007

Block of the Month Block 2

Time has really gotten away from me...I guess that's what happens after a lovely vacation! I finally got my suitcases completely unpacked and the washing machine is humming so now I can spend some quality time at the computer.

Here is Block 2 of the Block of the Month quilt I have designed. Happy Sewing!

Fabric Requirements:
From white fabric cut:
Eight 4” squares

From green fabric cut:
Eight 4” squares

Directions:

Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the 4” white squares.






Place a 4” white square right sides together with a 4” green square. Sew ¼” seam on each side of the drawn diagonal line. Cut on the drawn line and press the seam toward the red fabric. Trim to 3½”. Repeat with all of the 4” squares. You will have a total of 16 half square triangle squares.

Lay out the squares and sew together in rows as follows.

Row 1
Row 2
Row 3
Row 4

Sew the rows together to complete the block.

No comments: