Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Knitting Like Crazy

The chicks have flown the nest.  We delivered son #3 to college on Thursday and son #2 took himself to his college on Monday.  Boy is it quiet (and clean) here!  I think hubby is having a harder time with this than I am.  After all, isn't this what I have been preparing them for all these years?  To leave the nest and begin to live on their own?  Yes, it is! (Oh dear, there's a tear in my eye).
To keep myself busy I have been knitting up a storm.  The Sedona jacket is moving along.  It is worked on #9 needles so it's a quick one.  It's a boxy jacket so there's no shaping...just big knit rectangles.  I know the picture doesn't do it justice, you'll just have to trust me.

While I was taking the Sedona jacket class at a LYS.  I saw another project that I just couldn't live without, oh, and isn't it convenient that they were having a class on it!  The Puffy Swing Coat is made with Puffy yarn from Karabella.  This one is worked on #13 needles so it really moves along.  I have had to start it over twice and I still have this much done.  Again it doesn't look like much, but it's a beauty.
I also have some sewing projects calling to me...stay tuned...

No comments: