Friday, November 21, 2008

A Wrap That's a Snap

                

My first SWAP piece is complete.  It's a wrap skirt made from a black and white mini dot that is 100% wool. When I looked at the fabric I realized that I liked the "wrong" side of the fabric too.  So I made it reversible.  I used snap tape at the waist for my closure.  I copied this from a RTW skirt that's in my closet.  Split the snap tape somewhere near the center back and sew it going in the other direction.  I have always loved wrap skirts because I could adjust them with my weight by moving the buttons.  Now I don't even have to move the buttons...I just have to re-snap!  Now on to my SWAP pants...stay tuned.














1 comment:

Diana said...

Mary, I love your skirt! and those snaps! What agreat idea!I'm going to steal that idea from you one day. Isn't it great to finish your first garment?I finished mine last week and would love to get on with the next one but I usually do some GOOdwill sewing for Christmas (mittens and hats and a patchwork blanket all out of fleece scraps) so It will be a while before I get back to Swap.
Happy Sewing,Diana