Sunday, February 08, 2009

SWAP piece #3

I finished SWAP piece #3 on Saturday.  I wore it to church and work on Sunday.  It's Macphee Workshop pattern #311 called the BLT (Best of Linda's Tops).  I made it with a Slinky remnant that I bought at my local independent fabric store...I paid $8.00 for 2 yards.  I have a small piece left over that might be enough for a tank top.  It is a little droopy, especially the sleeves.  If I make this again (and I think I will) I'll make a smaller size at least in the sleeves.  I wore my long underwear with it because it's very cold here and I didn't realize it was peaking out in the photo.  I also have a funky spot where the front crosses over on one side.  I resewed it many times and finally just left it because I probably won't wear the top without tucking it in so it will never show.  I know I have a piece of black Slinky somewhere in my stash that just might have to be turned into this top!



My SWAP sewing has been very slow going.  I have been stuck in the pants fitting stage.  I have made at least four muslins of various patterns and I am not happy with any of them.  I decided to move on to the tops and come back to the pants.  I also started the Flat Belly Diet a week ago and have been successful in losing a few pounds so that will change the fit of the pants too.  I'll deal with the pants closer to the deadline.  Stay tuned...

No comments: