Monday, February 15, 2010

Mid Winter Break

I am on vacation. I have the week off from school just like the kids. It is gray and snowy outside, but inside the fire is blazing and I am getting some sewing done. First up, a quilt. It started out as a scrap quilt and then I purchased 10 yards of fabric (2 1/2 yds. of four different fabrics) because I couldn't decide what to use for the setting strips! I'm very happy with the results. This is a gift for someone special.



My daughter was home for the weekend and I altered two bridesmaid dresses for her. Size 2 dresses are too big...can you imagine?

Today I am going to try to straighten up a little from scrap quilt sewing and work on a skirt that I started a while back. It's going to be a busy week...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Diana said...

What a beautiful quilt!( And no,I can't imagine! size 2!!!)

Rachelle said...

Mary, I love the colors--sort of caramel and blue? I'm still working on my Ricky Tims quilt for Sara's wedding. Not sure if I like the colors.....\
I also finished my zigzag knitted afghan--love it!