Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

It's been a while, I know. Working full time has put a crimp in my creative spirit, but Spring seems to be here and with it a new sense of inspiration.
I was hoping to participate in the SWAP at Stitcher's Guild, but I never got much past thinking and planning.
I did make this Sewing Workshop pattern. It's the Now shirt. The fabric is a beaded, silk batik that came from the home dec department of JoAnn Fabrics. It was on sale (last fall) for $4.50/yd. I really liked the way this pattern went together. Next time I make it I will lengthen it by at least two inches. I have another vacation from work in two weeks, so hopefully more sewing is ahead...stay tuned!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hi Mary,Thank you for commenting on my jacket. But look at yours. It's gorgeous!! I love how it looks on you. The fabric is great too.

Didn't you win Swap last year? Too bad you couldn't re-enter. I decided that once was enough. If I ever enter again. It will be to make a wardrobe for my DD.
Have a great week .
Diana