Sunday, August 07, 2005

Finally Back

I can't believe how the time has flown since my last post. I have been very busy. I took a trip to Vermont with son #2 for his college academic orientation. Of course, when he was busy picking his classes I was visiting the local yarn shop and the local quilt shop and another great fabric store.
I have been knitting like crazy. Project #1 is the
Wonderful Wallaby. Next class we will connect the sleeves and body and begin knitting in the round to finish the body. I am making the smallest size so I can learn how to do it and then maybe I will make it for one of my kids. So far, I have only done knitting for myself, but I'm thinking of branching out and knitting for gifts.

Project #2 is Entrelac Bag. I'm not sure I like the color combination, but I think I'll keep going because the felting will make it look completely different. I'm supposed to have this ready for felting in class on Thursday...that's not going to happen!

Project #3 is the Baby Surprise Sweater. It's amazing that this blob of knitting will turn into the cutest baby sweater. I don't have anyone to give this to...yet. I just needed to learn how.

I also took a quick trip to visit my mom and dad. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive which isn't bad when I am used to 7 1/2 hours to either VT or Boston. My mom took me to her favorite quilting stores. We had lots of fun.

The summer is really flying by now. I am working many hours next week and the week after I will be getting the boys ready to go back to college. Then we make that trip to VT again! I know it will be bittersweet to have them go back, but I need to get my house back. It will be so nice to have clean bedrooms and bathrooms again! Only having one child home will be a big change.

No comments: